As part of Third Friday Durham, Vert & Vogue hosts a Happy Hour series every month. It’s a chance for the community to drink cocktails (on the house) and hear from an inspiring mover and shaker. Speakers in the past have included:
- James Beard award-winning chef and activist, Andrea Reusing
- Grammy-nominated singer and songwriter, Tift Merritt
- UNC-Chapel Hill professors, Marcie and Bill Ferris
- Award-winning Durham chef, Matt Kelly
- Director of External Affairs and Special Projects, Marjorie Hodges
On Friday, November 15 from from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Vert & Vogue will host Dasan Ahanu, North Carolina artist, educator, and scholar. Dasan is a resident artist at Durham’s Hayti Heritage Center, a founding member of Durham’s Bull City Slam team, and co-founder of Durham’s Black Poetry Theater. Reserve your spot (free) to kindly give Vert & Vogue a heads up that you will be attending.
You can follow Vert & Vogue co-founder, Ryan Hurley, on CurEat to see all of his Durham restaurant and bar recommendations. We’re sure you’ll be hungry before or after the happy hour.